It’s quick, easy and CHIC!
Usually, the slicked back bun look is reserved for the days when we’d rather have an extra 15 minutes in bed than washing our hair. If you’re the same, you’ll be amazed at this look. We’ve given the easy, sleek bun a GLAM makeover - complete with a gorgeous metallic hair tie and glitzy accessories!
This style is perfect for ANY type of hair, from long and straight to short, textured to afro. Plus, it takes less than 15 minutes to create, leaving you with more time to enjoy a festive drink or two. Here's how:
- Start by pulling your hair back into a tight, high ponytail.
- Next, apply PLENTY of hair gel to the hairline (we recommend Balmain Hair Styling Gel for its holding power and DREAMY smell!) and brush this backwards using a smoothing brush. We love Mason Pearson brushes for taming flyaways and smoothing out any lumps. Don’t be afraid to add more gel to help you smooth your hair in place!
- Wrap some metallic thread around your bobble for a CHIC festive feel.
- Twist the length of your ponytail into a rope braid and secure at the end with a hair elastic.
- Spray your hair with a hairspray for SHINE and HOLD. We’re OBSESSED with the Ouai hair and body shine mist. This clever spray adds a GORGEOUS GODDESS GLOW to your hair and skin, plus it tames any pesky baby hairs.
- Twist the length of your hair and pin it into a bun on top of your head.
- Dry the root area using our Airshot hairdryer. This styling powerhouse boasts tourmaline and vitamin infused ceramic heating elements to CARE for your hair whilst styling!
- Finish the look by using some glittery hair clips – try looking on Etsy for some CUTE quirky ones to match your outfit.
There it is – an ELEGANT, easy up-do for the party season that can be created in less than 15 minutes. What’s not to love?
Back to Styles
10th December 2019